[NMC PRObE] [PRObE] End-of-Life Announcement: Kodiak

Andree Jacobson andree at newmexicoconsortium.org
Fri Sep 25 14:33:05 MDT 2015

Greetings PRObE Users.

The PRObE Kodiak cluster has been the work-horse for our users since the
grand opening of PRObE back in Oct 2012. Three full years of operation has
taken its toll on the hardware, and the original 1024 nodes have been
gradually reduced to the now roughly 200. The hardware is getting so
outdated that it's now hard to keep even the 200 nodes up - and we have a
new ~1200 node cluster (Nanek) arriving in a few weeks which will need the
floor space currently occupied by the remnants of Kodiak. We need to make
some room.

  It's with some sentimental thoughts that we are announcing the
decommissioning of Kodiak:

  *Kodiak* *shutdown date is set to Friday - Oct 16th, 2015 by COB. *

If you have any final files that need to come off Kodiak - or if you have
any final experiments that you need to run - now is the time. So far, no
one has indicated interest in running any destructive tests - if you do -
now is also ithe time to suggest them.

While we are bringing up Nanek, Nome, Marmot, and Susitna are of course
still available.

Best,

*Andree Jacobson*
Chief Information Officer
PRObE Project Manager

New Mexico Consortium
4200 W Jemez Rd, Ste. 200
Los Alamos, NM 87544

*Phone:* (505) 412-4180,* Fax:* (505) 212-0049
*Email:* andree at newmexicoconsortium.org