[NMC PRObE] NMC/PRObE - Unexpected power outage last night

Andree Jacobson andree at newmexicoconsortium.org
Fri Jun 5 08:10:08 MDT 2015

Greetings everyone,

  The Los Alamos Research Park (where the New Mexico Consortium and PRObE
are located) suffered an unexpected power outage (around 8.30pm MDT) last
night when something shorted out an outdoors lighting fixture. As a result,
parts of the services that NMC provides - in particular the PRObE Nome
cluster - got taken off line, likely because of a breaker responding to a
fault current. We are investigating the extent of the impact on NMC
systems, and are actively working on restoring service as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience,

*Andree Jacobson*
Chief Information Officer
PRObE Project Manager

New Mexico Consortium
4200 W Jemez Rd, Ste. 200
Los Alamos, NM 87544

*Phone:* (505) 412-4180, *Fax:* (505) 212-0049
*Email:* andree at newmexicoconsortium.org